Friday, April 20, 2012

A True War Story You Haven't Heard

c0 American Cemetery in Colleville-sur Mer, overlooking Omaha BeachThe storyteller is Doc Cotton. When he came home from the war, his mom and dad made him sleep in the barn because he would wake the house with his screaming at night.

Why he was screaming is another story that I might someday work into this one. It's too brutal for me to contemplate right now.

This is a true story, never published, but I did once get a request from a publisher to see more of my work based on it, I just never followed through.

Read Kane here _tmp_amn_pic_10_19_4

Tell me what you think about the story (you may also comment on this blog post or Facebook of course):

_tmp_amn_pic_39_0_4

Started 2012-04-17

[Edit: 2012-05-02]
I've gotten considerable private feedback, but you know what surprises me the most about it? No one has said "Holy #$%, if it wasn't this that made him wake up screaming at night, what was it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment