Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Circus Boy"

I saw an amazing old episode of Circus Boy from 1956.

Why amazing? It had a host of stars that predated my childhood and were already seasoned veterans by the time I was a teen.



* The star was Micky Dolenz (the drummer for the The Monkees, billed then as Micky Braddok)


* Russel Johnson guest starred, I think as Corky's (Micky's) long-lost dad. (Johnson was the Professor on Gilligan's Island, whom I most closely identified with, and I think why to this day I prefer long-sleeved white shirts with the cuff rolled half-way up my forearm)


* Rory Calhoun was a regular far as I can tell. (Once a 50's cowboy star, he was also introduced to me on Gilligan's Island, by then a well-known silver screen icon demoted to the small screen chasing The Castaways in a serio-comedic version of The Most Dangerous Game; but if you want some fun, catch him in Motel Hell, a campy outing towards the end of his career; make some popcorn and enjoy a Texas Chainsaw Massacre that doesn't take itself too seriously.)

* And Noah Beery, whom I first knew as Jim Rockford's father (yeah yeah, I know, 'Who's Jim Rockford?'). I think he played a clown that traveled with the circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment