Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Charles Kind of a Day

I love gray gloomy overcast days, morning 'til night. Not because I'm a gloomy person, but because gray days are still, peaceful, quiet, as though God has pulled a frayed wool blanket over the earth.


I'm definitely in the minority. Only those who know me well understand my sincerity. "Looks like a Charles kind of day," they'll say.


There's an area in the Alleghenies in West Virginia though which you pass on the way to North Carolina from Michigan where it is perpetually foggy. There is a sign there, "Fog Area," and every time I've passed through, 4 or 5, it has indeed been foggy. There's a rest stop there, for folks tired of driving up for hours and realizing shortly they'll be driving down. The mountains rise above it even more, and I always think, how delightful it would be to enjoy this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment