Saturday, December 10, 2011

How many ways can you combine eggs and oil and vinegar?

c0_Dukes_MayonnaiseApparently quite a few, and quite a few of them not so well when you compare them with one I discovered this summer: Duke's Mayonnaise.


It's only available in the South. If you happen to travel down that way (or are lucky enough to live down that way), you owe it to yourself to try a side-by-side comparison with Hellmann's or Kraft or the store brand of your choice.

c0_Brother_Tom_Cairns_holding_a_jar_of_Dukes_mayoMy Brother Tom, who brings a few jars north with him when he visits, says a grocery stocker at the store he shops at had to reach back deep behind a bigger brand that was on sale to get him a few jars (still 32 oz). The stocker said it doesn't matter if one of the bigger brands is on sale, he can't keep Duke's on the shelf.[1]

c0_Foghorn_Leghorn

 

I say, I say, son, two half nothin's is a whole nothin'! And I know what I'm talkin' about...

 

 

[1]
I used to stock groceries at a Meijer store on 3rd shift. When asked what we did for a living, we replied: I handle stock for a large corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment