Friday, December 30, 2011

Now I know why Netflix is so vilified by some customers

c0_netflix_logoOn Christmas day, I received an email from Netflix, addressed to "Paul," welcoming me as a new customer. Realizing that this was probably a gift to Paul and someone fat-fingered the address, I went to Netflix's website to find an email contact address.

No luck. They don't want email. They want me to call.

I didn't want to call, but I felt sorry for Paul, so I sent a note off to every address I could think of that might work, including their PR department (admin@, help@, etc).

Bounce bounce bounce.

Ohhhhh-kay. I knew there HAD be one or two valid addresses in circulation, so I snooped around and sure enough, lots of people complaining about the same thing and offering some valid addresses, including the president's. You'll notice I found a handful of others also. Well, I didn't REALLY want to bug this important man on Christmas day, but just on the off-chance he was checking his smartphone after opening presents... I mean,  it couldn't hurt, could it?

Well, someone DID get my email and did respond, but instead of thanking me, they pretended Mr. Netflix actually gets into this inbox and rest assured I wouldn't be troubled with any more email from them.

What did I expect? Oh, I don't know. How about a real person thanking me for taking an hour out of my (Christmas) day to track down company contact info that they decided not to post so I could help them keep a customer happy.

I hope Paul is happy. I think I spent more time helping him than anyone else.

Merry Christmas, Paul

Netflix email

_tmp_amn_pic_18_26_0

No comments:

Post a Comment