Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Future of Talk Radio?

c0 mic on the airAccording to Roy H. Williams, the Wizard of Ads®:

"... I do believe we'll see a steady trend toward FM talk for at least the next 10 years."

Read or Listen._tmp_amn_pic_2_13_1


Clarence talking now
: I have thought so myself before reading this, as two local AM talk stations I listen to frequently have extended their reach to the FM dial.[1] Same programming, different bands. I predict eventually the programming will diverge and FM talk will be different than AM talk. Precisely how, I can't say, but I suspect it will showcase voices, music and messages that present themselves more fully with the wider frequency bandwidth FM allows (the same reason music is better on FM).

This will not, IMHO, forestall the gradual decline of conventional RF radio and ascendancy of streamed media.

_tmp_amn_pic_24_0_0

[1]
WPRR 1680 AM and 95.3 FM
WOOD 1300 AM and 106.9 FM_tmp_amn_pic_24_0_0

Started: 2012-05-08

No comments:

Post a Comment