Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Happened to Me?

c0 Dudley Moore enjoying a martini in the bathtub as ArthurYesterday [April 12] I watched Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli in Aurthur_tmp_amn_pic_89_7_7.

I used to be able to watch stories of lovable rich people find their inner humanity, as if we shared the same social trajectory; or planet.

Because I have fond memories of that era, I still connect with this story, the actors, and especially the music (Christopher Cross, whom I can only enjoy in the context of this movie).

But I'm now so acutely aware of the disparity between the haves and have-nots, which is enormously greater since I watched Arthur in a theater in 1981, that I can't watch stories like this without a distracting pang of social conscience so sharp that I lose the ability to lose myself in the moment.

I want to go back.
_tmp_amn_pic_4_19_0
Started: 2012-04-13

No comments:

Post a Comment