Tuesday, January 29, 2013

(Not So) Ugly Sweaters

c0 Screen capture from the US Postal Service "ugly sweater" commercial.I don't understand the fascination with the "ugly sweater." The USPS did a commercial featuring one and there have been sitcom episodes devoted to it, going all the way back to Leave it to Beaver.

I think these colorful holiday sweaters are attractive. I don't own one, so there's no delusional self-affirmation going on here. I also think that actor has a disarming, gentle smile.

I guess everyone got tired of making fun of fruit cake, which I also like.

c0

I told some friends I was going to start wearing a fanny pack because of all the stuff I have to carry around. They pleaded with me not to. Apparently this fashion accessory is as popular as ugly sweaters and fruit cake.

c0
 


 

c0

Started: 2013-01-17


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bro -- Just to make a point, you could wear an 'ugly' sweater and a fanny pack at the same time, AND bring a fruitcake to work that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that ad too and I think it is because of the actors sweet, gentle expression, not so much that I am a fan of his sweater. He seems so appreciative of the compliment. :-) I also love fruitcake. Especially your homemade and a few others as well.

    ReplyDelete