Friday, January 27, 2012

Holy Techno-Crap, Bat Brother!

c0 Bent Flash Drive

Those are words of commiseration from my brother when I told I busted my beautiful 16Gb thumb drive.

As it happens, only 2 of the 4 pins are actually separated from the board, and I may be able to solder it back into working order long enough to get the data off of it.

Brother Tom says to use a very hot iron and a heat sink. He’s a biotech and does this every day so I’m taking that advice.

So happens, a dozen complete and future blog entries are on it, as I happen to run a couple portable apps on it that let me blog quickly and easily so I can focus more time on the words.

Lesson: If you can’t afford to lose it, don’t keep it on a thumb drive.

Fortunately my fiction, which I have returned to in earnest (and wrote a blog about you might get to see) is on my desktop, in the cloud, and backed up nightly via FTP. Why the #$%#$ I broke my own rules for blogs is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment