Monday, January 30, 2012

Music for the Long Way Home

c0 Music for the Long Way HomeAround Christmastime, when I was not going home, I shared a string of emails with a coworker, who was also not going home, and sent him a few links to songs that over years I’ve found comforting. I’m a romantic and lapse into sentimentality easily.

These are ballads drawn from my particular taste in music, but they are accessible on some level if you give them a chance.

(Everywhere I’ve lived, I’ve been able to hear distant trains in the summer with the windows open and cool breezes carrying nightsounds. I’m very fond of that. In Erie, the train was probably a mile away, which is the perfect distance for nighttime listening. Supertramp’s “Long Way Home” recalls it well at the end.)

Supertramp - Take the Long Way Home

Mama I'm coming home - Ozzy Osbourne
 

Home Sweet Home - Mötley Crüe

Going Home - Alice Cooper



Started: 2012-01-27

No comments:

Post a Comment