Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We Don't Laugh Like That Anymore

I just listened to an old CBSRMT CBS Radio Mystery Theater episode that advertised the "new" 1974 Buick Regal.

1974 Buick RegalIt occurred to me that less than 30 years before that episode was first broadcast, the Golden Age of Radio was in its heyday; and here it is, nearly 40 years after that, and I am further away from 1974 now than I was from 1944 then.

Makes you stop and think. Makes me stop and think, and if you're not yet stopping and thinking about this sort of thing, you will someday soon.

Abbott and CostelloTurner Classic Movies played a few Abbott and Costello scary comedies Sunday night. The were too scary for Dee Dee, but I did manage to watch a bit. The screwball buddy comedy is timeless, but we'll never see the likes of Abbot and Costello again, or Hope and Crosby, or Martin and Lewis.

_tmp_amn_pic_33_16_0

Started: 1/16/12

(Most posts will now end with a "started" date, except for those I began so long ago that I don't remember the date. My subjects sometimes key off a recent event, so the date might be helpful at some point for anyone that's interested, including myself. I archive and save nearly everything I write, including these posts; together with email and my fiction, they form a fairly full picture of me that someone someday might enjoy reading. I wish I had this full picture of my grandparents, great-grandparents, etc.)

_tmp_amn_pic_33_16_0

No comments:

Post a Comment