Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Speak of the Devil

c0 Pete Hoekstra Racist Ad

Just yesterday I blogged about how subtle condescension is everywhere, and wouldn’t you know it, today a prominent example is in the news (embedded below).

I cannot fathom how in this political climate any candidate can even distantly skirt racial overtones like this. I wouldn’t vote for Hoekstra now if he, well, even if he promised to put a permanent US space station on the moon.

Hoekstra's running in my home state. He told WJR radio it’s “probably the best ad of the political season.”

Story: Pete Hoekstra’s China ad provokes accusations of racism

Video:
Pete Hoekstra's Racist Attack Ad Against Debbie Stabenow

I wrote to Mr Hoekstra. He promptly wrote back and thanked me for my support.

I'm a Republican and Michigan resident. I'm married to a Chinese immigrant. You lost my vote. The oddest part about all this isn't that you endorsed this ad, but that you are so proud of it. You won't admit your insensitivity because there simply aren't enough people shouting loud enough to matter. If you can't debate the issues without invoking racial stereotypes and fears, you don't deserve the office.


c0 My Message to Racist Xenophic Pete Hoekstra


clip_image003
Started: 2012-02-06

No comments:

Post a Comment