Thursday, February 2, 2012

Streaming Coast to Coast AM During the Day from Guam

c0 Coast to Coat AM with George Noory

Azeliea, over at my KD8OSB blog➚ (which I stopped maintaining) said she was having trouble streaming Coast to Coast AM out of Hagåtña,[1] Guam on K-57➚, KGUM2 570AM. K-57 carries it mornings Eastern Time; it ends about noon if I recall correctly.

I’ve been spending a lot of time with WPAQ➚ in Mount Airy and it’s been a few weeks since I tried K-57, but I tried again and didn’t have any trouble.

c0 Newstalk K-57 570 AM The Hottest Talk on GuamI link directly to the K-57 stream with Chrome. Try it yourself:

http://radio.securenetsystems.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=KGUM2

However, recently, I haven’t been able to enjoy Coast to Coast in a work environment. The musical segues (called “bumps” in the industry”) are too long, too loud, and too distracting. And I can’t seem to enjoy George Knapp at all, who hosts many Sunday nights (Monday mornings if you’re streaming K-57). I miss Art Bell.

[1]
Pronounced [hə-ga:’-nyə]
ə is pronounced like the u in hut, but is not stressed; a colon after a vowel in my background indicates length. Guam is a US territory. Except for place names, K-57 sounds very much like any US radio station.

Started: 2012-01-30

No comments:

Post a Comment