Monday, September 24, 2012

Clarence Finds an Alternative to Mitt and Barack

c0 Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and ?I challenged myself: I went to a handful of presidential candidate comparison sites and ran through the issues without consideration of who was on the other side of them.

Here are some of the more interesting results:

2012 Presidential Candidate Selector
Link >

2012 President Selector Rankings:
1. Ideal Theoretical Candidate (100 %)
2. Barack Obama* (83 %)
3. Jill Stein* (78 %)
4. Joseph Biden (63 %)
5. Kent Mesplay (60 %)
6. Stewart Alexander* (56 %)
7. Robby Wells* (47 %)
8. Ron Paul (44 %)
9. Gary Johnson* (43 %)
10. Rocky Anderson* (42 %)
11. Mitt Romney* (36 %)
12. Jon Huntsman (28 %)
13. Michael Bloomberg (27 %)
14. Rick Santorum (23 %)
15. Newt Gingrich (21 %)
16. Buddy Roemer (21 %)
17. Donald Trump (20 %)
18. Michele Bachmann (18 %)
19. Tim Pawlenty (17 %)
20. Rick Perry (7 %)
21. Herman Cain (6 %)

2012 Presidential Candidates Quiz: Find Your Match
Link >

1. Obama
2. Stein
3. Goode
4. Johnson
5. Romney

Vote Chooser 2012
Link >

1. Barack Obama
2. Mitt Romney
3. Newt Gingrich
4. Rick Santorum
5. Ron Paul

But then I found The Blaze, and with a very quick selection of filters (instead of answering probing questions), I found the candidate I'm really closest to.

Who was that?

This man:

c0 Ron Paul
Visit Ron Paul >
Ron Paul Summary on The Blaze >

Since I'm not convinced either Obama or Romney are the right choice, and I never have and never will vote against anyone, and I have always voted my conscience (which until now coincided with one of the major parties), I have little choice.

Or one very obvious choice.

Ron Paul is running as a write-in candidate. Good for him.

c0

Charles Elson "Buddy" Roemer was a close 2nd, but his banking background and healthcare stance disqualifies him for me.

Roemer Summary on The Blaze >

c0

Started: 2012-09-21

2 comments:

  1. For the sake of your conscience, never overlook the Constitution Party (US Taxpayers Party of MI). I voted USTPM in '04. I voted for Ron Paul in the Primaries in '08. And it's likely that I will be back with the Constitution Party this year. Just my 2 cents! Thanks for bloggin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look them up, thanks, Herb.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete