Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What Dee Dee thinks of Vacation Bible School


c0 Dee Dee sticking her tongue outc0 Dee Dee with tongue out at Vacation Bible School Summer 2012; I think this was Fatih United Methodist Church on 7th Street in Grand Rapids, MIActually, she loved it (all of them, all summer, sometimes two a day), but this was too cute not to post.


 

 

Jing, Mom, my sister-in-law and her mother, went garage sale-ing over the weekend, which included a stop at the rummage sale at St Paul's Anglican Catholic Church on Lake Michigan Drive in Grand Rapids, MI. They arrived late enough that St Paul's was giving away as much as you could fit in a paper grocery bag for only $2.

She managed to fit a bunch of small radios in that bag, as well as some Christmas ornaments and this child's rosary:

c0 Plastic children’s rosary from a church rummage sale

 

I never held a rosary before. Nice ones are very attractive. Dee Dee of course has been wearing it as a necklace, which, I understand, is not improper if done reverently. I explained to her that it's very special and must be treated with respect and not a as a toy. She understands who is on the cross but is too young to understand the significance.

When she loses interest, I'm going to put it away and keep it for her for later. I keep many little things that I hope she'll want someday - the wrapper from the first piece of candy she picked up at the 4th of July Parade in Erie, a carousel token from the Erie Zoo, a rock she gave to me at the beach, and similar little things. Most of them I seal in a Ziploc bag and date.

I did that for my son for years. I called it my Charlie Box. His grandmother on his mother's side threw it away. Everything. All I have left are his baby teeth and some things he made in daycare; they are very precious to me.

I now keep a Dee Dee Box, and will soon I'm sure start a Mimi Box.

Started: 2012-09-10

_tmp_amn_pic_46_0_0

No comments:

Post a Comment