Monday, July 7, 2014

Glinting intermittently with whispers of sunlight.

c0 My overgrown Nyu-oorlans-ish backyard garden
My overgrown Nyu-oorlans-ish backyard garden
This is my backyard. I kinda like things mossy and overgrown; it reminds me of a New Orleans private garden in the morning, green and cool and hazy and glinting intermittently with whispers of sunlight.

[2014-06-27]

c0

Today I stopped mowing my lawn about half way through. As I rounded the corner that gets lots of shade and water, countless little frogs began hopping around. Very little, smaller than crickets but looking much like crickets.

Why should I extinguish countless little creatures for the sake of my convenience and the appearance of my lawn?

In a few days they'll be grown enough to jump away (or be eaten by birds, which is God's business), and I'll continue mowing.

[2014-06-21]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment