Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Great Grandpa Grandy's Ledger, 1900-1911

c0 ledger detailThis is my great Grandpa Grandy's ledger; it starts in 1900 and ends in 1911. It's 52 pages including the front and back cover. My Great Grandpa Grandy was LaVerne E Grandy's father. LaVerne E Grandy was Mom's father.

I've left Mom's sticky notes in where she put them. One to especially note is the entry for a child's rocking chair for 25¢ (page 21). That was a gift to my grandpa when he was a child. It was with my Aunt Berniece (Mom's sister) for some years. My dad had it refinished in 1991 for $100 and gave it to Mom as a Christmas present.

Mom keeps a ledger also. She can tell you how much gas, hotels and dinners cost on every trip we took. I never started keeping a ledger, though I've kept a journal for years.

  Download the ledger here >

(Approximately 23Mb. This is a public link on Google Drive, but you may be asked by Google to log in to download it.)

_tmp_amn_pic_48_22_0
Started: 2012-05-15

No comments:

Post a Comment