Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Odds and Ends for Wednesday June 13

1
c0 Anger is no substitute for insightAnger is a poor substitute for insight, but often serves as one.

Too often those who write books or make movies and TV shows use their platform to exorcise their demons. Nothing wrong with that so far as it goes, but it also molds the opinions of those that consume it, so they think it's normal to be angry and not the exception.

c0 Odds & Ends 0dds & Ends Odds and EndsSome people just aren't happy unless they're angry. Some people just want you to be angry too, and if you're not, they're not happy.

There is a patient, considered answer to everything. I often struggle to find it myself.



2
There's all kinds of stuff I'd like to blog about, but don't. More people with more readers are doing it elsewhere and better than I could. What no one else can blog about that I can is my hometown, my childhood, my family, my faith (after a fashion), and the perspective I lend to those and related things. And no one writes like me. Or you. Sometimes that’s all you have, and sometimes that’s enough.

 

3
c0 Fontanini CrossI found that Fontanini Cross (that I referred to earlier _tmp_amn_pic_1_33_1) on this blog while looking for images: Rambling Follower _tmp_amn_pic_1_33_1. I visit occasionally. The writing is warm, honest, gentle and unpretentious.

(The author and I have a different perspective on David McCullough's commencement address at Wellesley High School _tmp_amn_pic_1_33_1)

It's not often I stumble across a site that I return to regularly. Especially one I have absolutely no connection to.

_tmp_amn_pic_39_0_0
Started: 2012-05-20

No comments:

Post a Comment