Sunday, January 4, 2015

Famous schizophrenics and ancient astronauts.

c0 Russell Crowe as John Nash in 'A Beautiful Mind'
Russell Crowe as John Nash in 'A Beautiful Mind'
I'm sometimes heard to talk to myself, maybe because I'm among a small few usually interested in what I have to say.


[2014-12-29]



c0
Why is it that folks who like to hear themselves talk are also the poorest listeners?

[2014-12-08]
c0

Linda Sapadin, PhD, says talking to yourself is a sign of being sane.[1]

Schizophrenia.com says it's one of the behaviors associated with schozophrenia.[2]
Famous schizophrenics include Syd Barrett (Pink Floyd) and Jack Kerouac (author of On the Road, and of whom it was say by Truman Capote, "That's not writing that's typing"). And you may recall A Beautiful Mind (2001), starring  Russell Crowe as Princeton University professor and Nobel laureate John Nash.

c0


Don't read too much into this. I'm perfectly sane (as any of us), but I've been interested in altered states and the paranormal since I was a child, a product of a generation fixated by turning on, tuning out, and ancient astronauts.

[2014-12-29]

c0

[1]
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/12/07/talking-to-yourself-a-sign-of-sanity/

[2]
http://www.schizophrenia.com/


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment