Sunday, January 18, 2015

I have a novel idea.

c0 A comic about writingThat is, an idea for a novel that's both original and familiar enough to find an audience.

Now that one child is in school and the other sleeping through the night, I have a couple hours at my keyboard, which is when I tie up loose ends at work, read, and blog.

When Mimi goes off to school, and before boys and teen angst get in the way, I just may have enough free evening time to develop my idea (which really will build on 100 pages or so I set aside a few years ago).

As some of you know, I did finish a book, a literary action/adventure (think Michael-Crichton-meets-William-Golding), but had no luck shopping it around.

This effort will be a roller coaster read, with just the right slope and height to make each plunge worth the wait.

If/when that day comes, I will likely suspend this blog and focus on that project, perhaps giving occasional updates.


c0

I'd love to tell you about it, but I won't. Not because the idea is too good it might get stolen, but because I hate to overpromise and underdeliver. But should I make it to, oh, 40,000 words, you'll hear about it here, because that will mean it's already finished in my head and I'm just letting the other 40,000 drip from my fingers.

[2015-01-14]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment