Friday, January 23, 2015

You do what you know.

c0 Snoopy types 'It was a dark and stormy night'My name is not Clarence, it's Charles (though Clarence and I have become close friends), and I'm a writer.

c0

I started my retail career at store level. I suppose you could say it started with Loblaws at the age of 16 when they had a sizeable presence in the northeast US. But I've spent nearly 25 years with a different retailer. Five of those were at the store. I needed a job and they had a sign in the window.

You do what you know.

c0

I've been writing since I was a kid and always dreamed of getting a novel published. I've written enough to fill a shelf and read enough to fill a private library. But although I'm an inveterate writer, I'm not very good at self-promotion (ask my boss). That's okay. Others are good at that, and that's the way it ought to be.

Recently while reading, a number of ideas that have run parallel for years intersected, and there where they met was a story.

And so, with no daily deadlines to publish, and a bit earlier than I had thought, I will spend my time on my next novel.

You do what you know.

c0

I'll make updates here, but very infrequently, and will post them to Facebook for those that follow me there.

Anyone wishing to contact me can reach me here.

The easiest way to get news is to subscribe. Just use the field on the left under "FOLLOW CLARENCE BY EMAIL." You'll only get an email when I publish a post. I have no clue who or how many do this, since the email is self-contained and you don't need to visit this blog or Facebook.



[2015-01-18]

c0





1 comment:

  1. Hi Chuck - We'll miss your daily blogs - I really enjoyed reading them early in the morning (Cindy too) - And, they were great conversation starters for us!

    The very best to you as you refocus your efforts on this life-long goal. May the pursuit and realization be equally rewarding!

    ReplyDelete