Monday, January 5, 2015

Like a wildebeest amongst zebras (we all have guilty pleasures).

c0 Wildebeest and zebras in Serengeti, Tanzania
Wildebeest and zebras in Serengeti, Tanzania (Serengeti National Park), by Marc Veraart / flickr.com. Zebras are a sort of early warning system for wildebeests, like canaries in a coal mine. When a threat nears, the zebra sees it first.
When you disparage nonsense that most others enjoy, you become the worst sort of judgmental ass who doesn't know how to let others have harmless fun.

Arguing is pointless, since countering a defense of unredeemable entertainment only incurs scorn (like a wildebeest amongst zebras giving a Bronx cheer to a lion).

I'm a wildebeest myself sometimes, but have no zebras to tip me off. My passions however sometimes do invite a "nerd alert" announcement.

We all have guilty pleasures and don't like apologizing for them.

[2014-12-29]


c0

The closing "We all have guilty pleasures" is an attempt at perspicuity and fairness, which is a conscious effort for me.

How'm I doin'?

[2014-12-31]
c0

2 comments: