Monday, December 17, 2012

Donuts in Sunlight

Donut at Dawn, from Clarence's Vanilla Period

c0 Donut at Dawn, from Clarence's Vanilla Period


Donut at Dusk, from Clarence's Chocolate Period

c0 Donut at Dusk, from Clarence's Chocolate Period

[2012-11-29]

c0



c0 Les MisérablesLots of Buzz over Les Miz

Back when I was in college and Les Misérables took the stage, it was popular (if you were fancy schmancy) to call it lay-miz, and sort of throw your head back like someone was waiting stage left with a bouquet of roses.

I don't personally care for singing when talking will do just fine.

Most folks are like me, but will pretend they aren't.

My taste is all in my mouth. That's all right. I prefer it there.[1]

[2012-12-11
]


c0

[1]
Okay, seriously: I do respect anyone who understands music like I understand words. Alas, I am a musical moron. Ben Kornelis, former roommate and fellow/former pipe smoker from my Calvin College years certainly does understand music well and will enjoy this film in a way I cannot. He is a music director now, IIRC, at Dordt College.

I am all the poorer for my cultural ineptitude,
but a donut takes the edge off the pain.

c0


1 comment: