Saturday, December 8, 2012

Indignant, disgusted, and exhausted.

I'd planned something else for today, but it'll wait.

1
c0 Piers Morgan hosts "Piers Morgan Tonight" on CNNGood-bye, Piers

Yesterday on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, I heard Mr Morgan say that the nurse who allowed a prank call through to the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge should be locked away in the Tower of London.

Today we learned that nurse, Jacintha Saldanha, killed herself.

Most of the world is blaming the Australian radio personalities that pranked the hospital, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, but I don't blame them entirely. I blame the folks that should have known better, like Piers Morgan, who used the opportunity to humiliate a private citizen and perfect stranger before an international audience.

Story >

 

2
c0 Melinda Duckett and Nancy GraceGood-bye, Nancy

A few year ago, Melinda Duckett committed suicide after Nancy Grace implied she was hiding information regarding the disappearance of her son.

Duckett's family agreed to a settlement. Details are here.

Nancy Grace never missed a beat and even later said Melinda Duckett's suicide was in response to guilt, not her accusations.

I stopped watching Nancy Grace after that.

I suspect Piers Morgan will express his horror and sadness and resume his normal routine.

But I won't be watching him either.

c0

I realize that what I think and whether or not I watch CNN doesn't matter a hill of beans to Piers Morgan or Nancy Grace or anyone else at CNN.

But it matters to me.

c0

The world is broken and I can't fix it.

c0

Started: 2012-12-07

No comments:

Post a Comment