Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm full. I'm Fuller.

(No Internet at home; posting via Blogger on the go.)

c0 This is the only picture I could find of former GARB pastor Ed Fuller, now State Representative for the Wisconsin Association of Regular Baptist Churches. The picture is from http://warbc.org/2013/06/02/reverend-ed-fuller/My dad used to tell the story of a church dinner at which he sat next to Pastor Ed Fuller. After the big meal, Dad leaned back and patted his stomach and said, "Boy, I'm full." Pastor Ed leaned back and said, "I'm Fuller."

My dad told that story a lot, and we all groaned each time, but he was so tickled with it, he seemed to enjoy each retelling more than the last.

That was when Bethel Baptist Church was at at 737 E. 26th Street in Erie, PA.

You can hear Pastor Ed preaching recently at Bethel Baptist Church here >

Bethel is posting sermon podcasts here >

Bethel's sermon RSS feed is here >


c0


I learned recently that Pastor Fuller and his wife have been praying for me for years. I can't say I felt I needed prayer as much as it was offered, but it's welcome all the same. I suppose that says a lot about the image i projected and the love of those around me. I was very touched by this news, as I was very fond of Paster Fuller as a small child. He was a gentle man and as I recall connected well with children.


[2013-07-07 ]


c0




c0 Little Caesar's DEEP!DEEP! Dish PizzaMy opinion on the new Little Caesar's DEEP!DEEP! Dish Pizza...

It's not an 8-corner Jets, but it's close, falls short about $4 and tastes like it too.

I'll eat it again, but if I'm really treating myself, it'll be Jets.

Keep trying, Julius. You're on my way home from work and I want to like you.

[2013-07-09]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment