Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ike Godsey died on July 7, 2013

c0 Ike Godsey (actor Joe Conley) from The Waltons.
Click to enlarge: Ike Godsey (actor Joe Conley) from The Waltons.
Actor Joe Conley was 85. He played Ike Godsey on the TV show The Waltons in the 70's.

Each time someone passes on from the days of my youth, I think there is no one else who quite capture the innocence I feel I've lost along with the loss of that person; then sure enough, another will die that I've forgotten and that innocence is recalled again.

Today it was Ike Godsey. I know his store as sure as I know any other store from my boyhood, and his smile and demeanor and customers.

Ike Godsey's store was not one I shopped in as a child, it was one my grandparents shopped in, and why that generation was a major demographic for the show. It was their twenty-somethings that was being recreated each week with simple folks and simple messages.

My Grandma Grandy was very fond of the show.

G'night, Ike.

Actor Joe Conley, who played Ike Godsey on 'The Waltons,' dies at 85 >
 

c0




c0 Clarence talks to George after he pulls him out of the water. George is suddenly able to hear with an ear that's been deaf since a childhood accident. George says to Clarence, "Say something else in that ear." Clarence replies, "Sure. You can hear out of it."Say something else in that ear:

Sometimes an unhappy dream can be reassuring if only because something pleasant is still trying to get our attention, like the naughty boy dipping a girl’s pigtail in the inkwell.
--Clarence 0ddbody

 

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment