Thursday, July 4, 2013

The world jumped the shark over the weekend.

c0 Storm chasers Carl Young, Tim Samaras, and Paul Samaras.
Click to enlarge: Storm chasers Carl Young, Tim Samaras, and Paul Samaras.

Storm Chasers Die in Tornado

"Renowned researcher and storm chaser Tim Samaras, 55, his son Paul Samaras, 24, and his chase partner Carl Young, 45, passed away after they were overtaken by the multiple-vortex tornado, which appeared to be in the midst of a sharp change in direction." Source >

I mean no disrespect for the dead, but if you drive into tornadoes enough times, your luck will run out.

Sadly interesting how the news scavengers were picking at the storm chasers' bones before they were even buried. The same people that pay guys like this for storm video doubled their investment with their deaths.

I have no objection to scientists doing dangerous science. I object to the media circus this sort creates.

[2013-06-04]



c0

c0 The cover of "Good News for Science: Why Scientific Minds Need God," by Davis A Young.After watching a nude guy try to commit suicide on Tosh.0 and being ridiculed for the size of his schlong, I think I will now be sticking to NPR, WPRR, audio books, my Nook, and a few old-fashioned printed books, among them my uncle's Good News for Science, which I've been enjoying (but must wrestle with reading glasses to make progress, sorry Uncle Dave).

The world jumped the shark this weekend.

[2013-06-24]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment