Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Guess I just hung with a bunch of bogarts.

c0 Pot Leaf WreathI never took an illegal drug, not once. Wasn’t because I didn't want to, just no one ever offered it to me. I was around it plenty at rock concerts, high school, and college (my suite mates names toked on their one-hitters out the window every morning and did hashish on weekends - fascinating hardware and process).


Guess I just hung with a bunch of bogarts.


c0


RIP, Marsha Wallace


Marsha Wallace died recently. The media (even NPR) focused on her as the voice of Mrs Krabappel on The Simpsons. I remember her instead as the secretary on The Bob Newhart Show, which was often understated and erudite in a way that a cultural neurosis made funny. It was national group therapy for the 70’s.


Marcia Wallace (as Carol Kester) featured on a Nick at Nite promo for The Bob Newhart Show

 

 


 

[2014-10-27]



c0

No comments:

Post a Comment