Thursday, October 24, 2013

You ever see an atheist hospital? (+12,000 OTR shows available for instant listening.)

c0 The Atheist Scarlet A used in the Out CampaignYou ever see an atheist hospital? I don’t mean a hospital built without regard to religious sensibilities, there are thousands of those. I mean a hospital built because the builders were compelled by their atheistic convictions. How about an orphanage? A soup kitchen?

When I see an atheist hospital and people actually going there, I’ll believe atheists have managed to find an abiding compassion for those less fortunate, despite no compelling reason to be so (unless you find an evolutionary advantage “compelling”; I don’t; not even sufficient, or adequate; serviceable, perhaps, in the same way that you can use a butter knife to turn a screw if you really want to).

If you know of a fundamentally atheistic philanthropic organization, I’d like to know 1) which one, and 2) which atheistic principles find expression in such an organization.

[2103-10-16]



c0



12,000 OTR shows available for instant listening.


I just found this site: "The OTR.Network Library is a free resource for Old Time Radio (OTR) fans. We have over 12,000 OTR shows available for instant listening. "


Visit OTR.net >


All the shows appear to require the Realplayer, which I don’t care for, but I applaud having everything in one place and free. I have no connection to this site whatsoever except a shared love for Old Time Radio.


I still like to listen to live streams and people talking between shows. When you share an experience, it  has a dimension you can’t get with an iPod and earbuds.


[2013-10-15]



c0


No comments:

Post a Comment