Tuesday, December 31, 2013

An uncertain plea for outrage.

Two Muslim converts guilty of killing UK soldier Lee Rigby on London street >

c0 Lee Rigby, killed by Muslim extremists in London in May, 2013I'd like to hear from a Muslim that these men, their actions, and their lack of remorse, do not characterize the vast majority of Muslims.

I really want to believe that, and on some level I do.

I’ve seen caring Muslims reach out to Christians, and that reassures me that there are Muslims that are just as interested in peaceful coexistence and dialog as many Christians are. See this Merry Christmas wish from a Muslim >, for example.

[2013-12-19]


c0



Clarence dreams about being back at the store.


c0 Vintage picture of two grocery stockersI had a dream that I was back at the store stocking shelves, wearing as I did in those days a long-sleeved thermal undershirt, and over that the store uniform, a short-sleeved red polo shirt. (I worked in dairy and frozen and needed two layers).


As was often the case, when I had finished dairy, and if I wasn’t needed in frozen, I was pulled over into dry grocery. We got 1,000-2,000 cases a night 6 days a week into dry grocery; each grocery stocker was expected to throw (stock) 400+ cases each night, and a few aisles (especially, soup & glass and fruit & juice) often needed help.


Back to my dream: I am in the grocery department, on my knees stocking the bottom shelf. A couple people pass by and laugh at me. I’m not sure why they’re laughing, perhaps because I’m dressed for the arctic conditions of dairy and frozen but I’m sweating in my thermal underwear in grocery.


Still dreaming: I think to myself, My pride should be hurt somehow, I’m above this; but I reconsider and tell myself No, it’s honest work, and it’s enough for me to know I do it well.


And that is where the dream ends.


[2103-12-12]



c0

No comments:

Post a Comment