Sunday, December 29, 2013

Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just kidding. I’m stupid.

c0 Justine Sacco says ‘Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just kidding. I’m white!’ Timely dialogs often start with stupid comments. That doesn’t make the comments any less stupid.

 

That would be like crediting a fire for being hot

 

Case in point: CNN story on Justine Sacco’s epic fail >


You ever hear a manager say “Yeah, he says stupid things like that all the time, but that’s why we hired him, gets the rest of us talking”?


 

[2013-12-23]


c0


I’m often inclined to be critical before I’m complimentary. I don’t know why. It’s a hard habit to break, but the conscious struggle has some value of its own. On the other hand, if I’m impressed, I tend to forgive even gratuitous ineptitude.


I trust my gut when I sense something amiss and later verify my suspicions. I am not often wrong.


[2013-12-24]



c0


No comments:

Post a Comment