Friday, December 6, 2013

My feet (and family) on Thanksgiving 2013

c0 My feet on Thanksgiving morning, wearing the slippers my wife knitted for me our first Christmas together
Click to enlarge: My feet on Thanksgiving morning, wearing the slippers my wife knitted for me our first Christmas together

We postponed our Thanksgiving so brother Tom and his wife and mom-in-law could avoid the winter storm that stranded folks all along the east coast. We actually all gathered around the table on Friday, Nov. 29.

Here are some pictures from that day, our Thanksgiving day, which was among the simplest but also for that reason among the most memorable.

Our Thanksgiving Table before anyone sites down

c01 Our Thanksgiving Table before anyone sites down

 

Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing 

c02 Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing

Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing 

c03 Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing

 

Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, my beautiful wife Jing, brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, and daughter Dee Dee

c04 Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R) Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, my beautiful wife Jing, brother Tom, son Charlie, friend Emma, and daughter Dee Dee

 

Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R - brother Tom is taking the photo) son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Clarence, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing 

c05 Our Thanksgiving Table (L-R - brother Tom is taking the photo) son Charlie, friend Emma, daughter Dee Dee, Clarence, Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty, and my beautiful wife Jing

Tom Turkey (actually, it was a hen - Thomasina maybe?)


c07 Tom Turkey (actually, it was a hen - Thomasina maybe)

c0



The light into our dining room the next morning was so beautiful, I couldn't’ help but get a picture of the breakfast table…



Our Breakfast Table on Saturday Nov 30

c08 Our Breakfast Table on Saturday Nov 30

Our Breakfast Table on Saturday Nov 30

c09 Our Breakfast Table on Saturday Nov 30

(L-R) Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty

c06 (L-R) Tom's wife Cindy, Cindy's mom Betty

 

c0

2 comments:

  1. I like your socks! You should have pointed them out to me. We had a great time in your new home, sharing time with you all, and seeing Kayla for the first time. Thanks so much for your hospitality and for a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly our pleasure! It will hold a place among the best holiday gatherings in my memories.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete