Thursday, January 16, 2014

St Anthony of Padua

I knew nothing of St Anthony when I found this relic outside my doorstep at my old house:


c0 St Anthony of Padua relic, inside

I found it perched on the edge of some exterior molding, as if it was left there to be found.

I was tempted to just put it in my pocket, but it’s the sort of thing that would be meaningful to the owner, so I asked my neighbors if they were missing it. No one was.

I set it on an electrical junction box near where I found it, about 3 feet off the ground, and left it there for a week. A saw a number of visitors pick it up, examine it, and put it back down again.

After a week of it being examined or ignored, I figured St Anthony wanted me to have it, so I kept it for myself.

I don’t know what the relic actually is; it looks like a charred piece of cloth.

Get this: St Anthony is the patron saint of lost things.

Learn more about St Anthony of Padua here >

Learn more about classes of relics here >



[2013-03-07]


c0


No comments:

Post a Comment