Saturday, January 25, 2014

Why “Clarence” ?

A long time ago when I was testing a competing retailer's digital photo developing program, I invented a fake name and disposable email to avoid anyone connecting me with my company. I don’t know how it came to me, it may have been the season, but I chose Clarence Oddbody.

This was in the early days of ecommerce and I used that name and disposable email a lot. I got so accustomed to thinking of myself as Clarence, when I later wanted a social nom de plume, it was the first thing that came to mind.

And I thought, Why not?

Clarence is simple, gentle, likable, unflagging, unflappable and utterly ordinary.

All things (among others) I aspire to be.



c0 Clarence mulls over having a little mulled wine
c0 Clarence is about to get thrown out of Nick's place.

c0 Clarence talks to George after pulling him out of the water.c0 Clarence talks to Joseph. Do you think it will work?c0 Clarence and George at Nick's Place








[2014-01-09]

(Via Linux and Blogger's native editor; wow, what a mess. Free is hard work.)

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment