Friday, June 6, 2014

Monday Morning Zombie Apocalypse

c0 Detail, movie poster for Dawn of the DeadI get ready for the day with my own coffee nook, TV room, and bathroom, all to myself, two floors below my sleeping family. Above the coffee pot is a cupboard with swinging doors. These doors are rather high and happen to swing out just a couple inches below the top of my head.

One morning, as I straightened my posture to return the coffee to the cupboard, my cranium encountered the corner of one of those doors in the most painful way.

I was already running late, and so managed through it with a few mild oaths.

c0 Movie poster for Dawn of the DeadNow, it was a humid morning, and my long hair was refusing to stay put, so just before leaving the house I went back to the bathroom to secure my spirited locks and discovered blood dripping down my face. Not a rivulet, mind you, but streams that divided and trickled into spidery veins like I'd just risen from the dead and was seeking fresh brains.

Imagine how I'd looked had I not fixed my hair before going into the office.

[2014-05-27]



c0



Dawn Of The Dead 1978 Trailer
When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth...






c0

No comments:

Post a Comment