Saturday, June 14, 2014

"...and you're an a**hole"

c0 Denis Leary is most definitely not an a-hole, but he sings about being one
Denis Leary is most definitely not an a-hole, but he sings about being one
Things bother me a long time, like a guy on the phone that called me an a**hole when I tried to buy plane tickets. The conversation went like this:

Him: Hello, may I help you?
Me: Hi, yes, I saw your ad online about having the best airfare ticket prices.
Him: Where and when do you plan to travel?
Me: China, early September.
Him: And how much are you prepared to spend?
Me: Excuse me?
Him: How much are you prepared to spend?
Me: Well, I guess that depends on how much they cost.
Him: And you're an a**hole. *Click*

I figured afterward that it must have been a "name your own price" service (like the old Priceline), but they didn't mention that in the online creative. I couldn't have been the only one to think I was calling someone like Hotels.com.

Why was he angry? Maybe I was the 2nd or 3rd guy in a row that asked the same question and he figured it was a full moon or something. Who knows. Some folks don't need a reason to be rude.

That was close to three years ago, and I still feel injured.

[2014-05-21]


c0


A little reverie for jam, who introduced me to Denis Leary (***explicit lyrics***)




c0

No comments:

Post a Comment