Monday, June 30, 2014

An Erie sky in Ada

c0 An Erie PA sky in Ada, MI
An Erie PA sky in Ada, MI
I didn't know how beautiful Erie sunsets were until I moved to Michigan and was no longer able to see them very often. The photo at right isn't that great (taken through a screen with an iPhone), but this is how skies looked in my hometown of Erie, PA almost every night.

My location in Michigan is rarely colorful; just overcast or clear, so you get either a linty blanket that slowly turns from gauzy gray to black, or you get gradually darkening blues.

We used to tell each other when we were kids that Erie was on some list or other of top 10 places for beautiful sunsets. I believe it.

Here's one someone else took over Presque Isle, which is a 5-minute drive from my boyhood home.


c0 Sunset over Presque Isle
Sunset over Presque Isle


[2014-06-13]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment