Sunday, August 17, 2014

Boxhead

c0 How can you resist a kitty cat in a cardboard box? Photo credit: http://lovemeow.com/2011/09/tiny-cream-kitty-found-in-a-barn/
How can you resist a kitty cat in a cardboard box? Photo credit:
http://lovemeow.com/2011/09/tiny-cream-kitty-found-in-a-barn/ 
A man sits at his desk in an office. He has a box over his head. The box has holes cut out for his eyes and mouth.

The man’s boss comes over. “Okay, Montgomery,” he says, “take it off.”

“Nothin’ doin’,” says Montgomery. “There’s nothing in the dress code that says I can’t wear a box over my head.”

Boss, rolling his eyes, sloshing his coffee: “Okay, Montgomery, I’ll bite, why are you wearing a box over your head?”

“I was feeling boxed in and I thought this was a suitable metaphor to convey my anxiety.”

Boss: “Alright, point taken, take it off.”

Montgomery: “No.”

Boss, shouting while dozens of workers turn and look: “Take if off!”

Montgomery slowly removes the box and squints in the bright office light. As his eyes adjust and he fluffs his hair flattened by cardboard, we see that Montgomery looks just like his boss.

The end.

[2014-03-04]

c0


I wrote this before I moved to a new area and reporting structure, but I truly had no one in mind; I actually pictured this guy while writing….

c0 Office Space meme - If you could just go ahead and do that, that'd be great


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment