Monday, August 18, 2014

Dr David Jeremiah (one of the good guys)

c0 Dr David Jeremiah
Dr David Jeremiah
I've devoted not a few posts to criticizing fundamentalist ministers. I'd like to credit one that has struck me as intelligent, sincere, and probably more ecumenical than he lets on: Dr David Jeremiah.

I don't agree with him on everything, but I do on enough of the right things that I stop on the dial when I run into him.

There's a different sort of response you make to someone you connect with: it first passes unnoticed like the right amount of salt on your french fries, or a subtle movie soundtrack during a rousing scene. But upon reflection you realize, "Wow, that was so fitting I didn't even realize it at the time."

I might listen to John Hagee or Benny Hinn out of a cathartic need to cringe in disgust, but I listen to Dr Jeremiah because he's genuine.

I'm not crazy about the publishing and promotional aspects of today's evangelism, but if you can ignore that, there's something good under it here:


[2014-08-18]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment