Saturday, August 30, 2014

I am constantly amazed at the erudite and thoughtful pronouncements of athletes.

c0 Andre Reed signing autographs on the US aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan
Andre Reed signing autographs on the US aircraft
carrier 
USS Ronald Reagan (Wikimedia Commons).
--Bills Hall of Fame receiver Andre Reed

“Man, f--- Bon Jovi… Now, I ain’t gonna lie to you, one year I went up to Toronto, and man, I had a good-ass time up there…. LeBron ain’t your guy! You’re not ‘Johnny Football.’ You’re ‘Johnny Rookie B----.’ ”


c0

There was a time, when I was a kid, that parents and teachers could trust Sports Illustrated to have a little more discretion.

I'm sure athletes cursed just as much then as they do now, we just had a more refined sensitivity and left it in the locker room.

But those competing to be edgier, especially in sports and entertainment, always seem to find new ways to dull our senses.

And more's the pity.

[2014-07-30]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment