Friday, November 21, 2014

Oogie Pringle: A Vernondale 4th grade memory.

c0 1968-04-09 ad for WJET personalities that included Oogie Pringle
A 1968-04-09 handout/ad for WJET personalities that included Oogie Pringle
When I returned to Vernondale Elementary School in Erie, PA for the first day of 4th grade, Steve Schloss (I think now a doctor) had cut out a picture of a local radio personality and was walking around the class saying his name and laughing. It was Oogie Pringle. "Oogie Pringle" was a character in 1948's A Date With Judy. I'm not sure how Erie's Oogie obtained the name. I think Erie must have been a step down, since he was formerly with WNBC in New York.



Here's Oogie in 1975 in WNBC in New York...




c0 Movie poster for 1948's A Date with Judy, which featured a character named Oogie PringleI remember saying about that time, if not at that moment, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down," which received great laughs from my fellow 4th graders, especially Beth Williams, whom I wanted to marry.



[2014-11-15]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment