Monday, November 3, 2014

Other lives I might have led…

Other lives I think may have suited me, had I made different decisions, or had different influences:

* Teacher (I was one for a bit, a good one, I think; I taught ESL and middle school English)
* Novelist
* Movie Director
* Monk (preferably at a monastery that makes brandy)
* Priest (not a Protestant, I have too much trouble dividing my attention)
* Spring Factory Manager (no kidding, one that makes springs of all types, from ballpoint pens to truck suspensions)

My wife occasionally reminds me that I am most contented in solitary pursuits.

c0 Father Rainer Verborg with a bottle of Ampleforth Amber and Cider Brandy
Father Rainer Verborg 
 with a bottle of Ampleforth Amber and Cider Brandy.




[2014-10-28]


c0

Personal pride and persnicketiness lurk under pretense like a moldy pit in a pretty peach, grease ants in a bag of chips, or disdain beneath a good 'ol Southern "bless your heart."


[2014-09-23]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment