Sunday, March 31, 2013

My impression of The History Channel's "The Bible"

I guess every generation is allowed to create versions of bible heroes that resonate with them.

I just wish they'd cleaned them up a little.

Everyone from Moses to Jesus - about 3,000 years of recorded history (give or take) - looks like they went to the same tailor and never saw a bar of soap.

c0 L-R, Moses, Aaron, Jesus (being baptized) and John the Baptist (in dreadlocks?), in The History Channel's The Bible

[2013-03-20]

c0

I like this...

"Every communion is Easter in miniature."

[2013-03-21]

c0

c0 logo for Mr Gyros Drive-Thru on Alpine in Grand RapidsThe owner of Mr Gyros Drive-Thru (>) on Alpine in Grand Rapids wished me a Happy Easter today when I picked up my order at the window.

I can only speculate by his accent, his business, and his holiday wishes that he is Greek Orthodox. But he doesn't know me from Adam, and wished me a Happy Easter anyway.

Not a Hoppy Easter or Something for Everybunny.

And he said the same thing to the car ahead of me.

Good for him.

[2013-03-28]

c0

Happy Easter.

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment