Thursday, August 1, 2013

Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom

The last time I saw this was in 1st grade at Vernondale Elementary School in Millcreek, PA; that would have been 1968-ish. I stumbled across it by accident.

Walt Disney - Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom - 1953

[2013-07-25]]

c0


Circle of Fear
I was not allowed to watch this show, but I did sneak a peek one Friday night (IIRC) when Aunt Berniece was visiting with Mom, and Linda and Barbie were occupied with dolls and tea sets and such. I don't recall where Tom was.

I anticipated in these few fleeting moments to be utterly terrified, but I think it was too esoteric or tedious for my 11-year-old brain and I distinctly remember finding it very uninteresting.

Circle of Fear TV Show Opening Theme (1973)

[2013-07-26]

c0

c0 Eddie Cantor and Charlotte Greenwood in Palmy DaysEddie Cantor drives me bananas.

I've been listening to a bit of him out of London on PumpkinFM and I don't think I could even have enjoyed him even once a week. He retains the frenetic energy of the silent era without any restraint of the talkies.

[2013-07-25
]

c0


No comments:

Post a Comment