Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What I used to be able to get at McDonalds for $5 even.

c0 Two quarer poundes with cheeser, two large fries, and a large drink
Click to enlarge: I used to get two quarter pounders with cheese, two large fries, and a large drink at McDonalds for exactly $5.

Every Wednesday after work, I used to get two double cheeseburgers, two large fries, and a large orange drink for exactly five dollars. I'd arrive home just in time to watch Quincy, ME at 10pm, one of my favorite TV shows from those days. I’d eat my dinner in front of the TV and then do my high school homework.

That would have been 1980, when I was working for Loblaws in Millcreek Mall. The McDonalds I stopped at was near the foot of Zuck Road in Erie, PA. There’s an auto dealership there now.

c0 Bonnell's Auto Sales in Erie PA. There used to be a McDonalds here
Click to enlarge: Bonnell's Auto Sales in Erie PA. There used to be a McDonalds here, near the intersection of 26th and Zuck.
I had a church friend from those days, Ron Renner, who was managing a McDonalds and making very good money right out of high school. I think by the time I left for college, he had franchised one, or was thinking of it.

[2013-09-15]

 

 

 

 



c0


 

c0 Dad with Dee Dee and Mimi at a neighborhood block party Aug 24, 2013

[2013-08-24]

 

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment