Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Opinion on the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Watching the Emmys was like being invited to a party by accident and no one saw me arrive or leave.

[2013-09-22]

c0


c0 Josephine Baker
Click to enlarge: Josephine Baker, at one time the most successful American entertainer in France and "the most sensational woman anyone ever saw," according to Ernest Hemingway.

"Some moments take decades to understand."

(A beautiful turn of phrase in an NPR story on Black history in Paris.)

[2013-09-02]

 

c0


“If you remember only one thing I ever tell you, remember to observe.”
--Gary Locke, my 6th grade science teacher at Vernondale Elementary School in Millcreek, PA.

Mr Locke, if you’re still with us, I haven't forgotten. That advice has served me well for nearly 40 years. I think of it often, and of you saying it.

[2013-01-22]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment