Saturday, March 22, 2014

7 books to read if you want to understand Clarence

c0 My Side of the Mountain, by Jean Craighead George
My Side of the Mountain,
by Jean Craighead George
7 books to read if you want to understand Clarence (in no particular order):

  1. My Side of the Mountain, by Jean Craighead George
  2. People of the Lake, by Richard E Leakey
  3. Fatu-Hiva, by Thor Heyerdahl
  4. Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut
  5. Music for Chameleons, by Truman Capote
  6. This blog. (Maybe it'll be a book someday. It could happen.)
  7. The bible.

My 4th grade teacher at Vernondale Elementary School in Erie, PA read My Side of the Mountain to us, a chapter a day. It's among my fondest memories from grade school. That would have been Mrs Budzynski. I haven't read it since.

c0 Thor Heyerdahl on Fatu-Hiva
Thor Heyerdahl on Fatu-Hiva.
Experts say we should continue reading to our children long after they can read for themselves. That’s very good advice.

[3/13/2014]

c0

Saying this blog could be a book someday is sort of like saying an mp4 could be a DVD.

I still live with the dreams and conceits of a generation in love with books.

[2014-03-18]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment