Saturday, July 14, 2012

0dds & Ends for July 14

1
Overheard: Minor surgery is surgery done on someone else.

[July 02, 2012]

2
Cling to goodness. All good things have a single source. Asking why is like asking why I am 5' 10" tall. I'm sure there's a reason, but it's the package I happen to find myself in and I can't change it.

[July 10, 2012]

3
c0 vintage photo of children on a farmStory idea: A boy goes back in time and winds up on his great grandfather's farm where he encounters all sorts of anachronistic adventures. Shades of the City Mouse and the Country Mouse and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court _tmp_amn_pic_79_18_3), except the subtext is "this is where I came from." No fading photo nonsense from Back to the Future; the boy simply discovers the dust and mud and blisters and cycles of toil and rest and life and death that led to him.

[June 27, 2012]

_tmp_amn_pic_79_23_0

No comments:

Post a Comment