Sunday, November 25, 2012

Movies will one day be entirely CGI.

1
c0 Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph.Entirely.

CGI (computer generated) animation will one day be so good that most movies will be animated and we won't know the difference; computer generated music will follow; last will be voice talent. It all will be created from complex formulas based on the mathematical nature of real bodies, real music, and real speech.

But real people will be unnecessary, except to buy tickets.

I thought of this while watching Wreck It Ralph with Dee Dee and Charlie at the movies at Rivertown. Though Ralph wasn't meant to be realistic, it occurred to me that if you replaced all the voice talent with nobodies, I probably would have enjoyed it just as much, and one thought led to another, and to this blog.

One day maybe they'll generate books this way.

No, they won't do that.

Nobody will be reading books by then.

 

2
There are certain things you don't ridicule. Because it's impolite.

c0 Sally Field as Sister Bertrille and Julie Andrews as Sister Maria.I was raised an evangelical Baptist but never would have thought of ridiculing a priest or nun, even though I had no direct example not to.

I didn't, however, truly understand the relationship between, priests, nuns, and the laity (and still don't). As a teen, I asked a friend and coworker at Loblaws (his name was Damien, strong Catholic family), if any of the nuns who taught his classes at Cathedral Prep in Erie were pretty.

You'd have thought I asked him when the last time was he killed someone.
I apologized. I wasn't intending to be funny or provocative, but I was being unintentionally offensive.

But I'm sure teenage boys know a pretty nun when they see one. Sister Bertrille was a pretty nun. So was Sound of Music's Sister Maria.

[2012-10-25]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment