Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas 1965 and Christmas 2012

1965

I think this was Christmas 1965. The photo has been trimmed and the date clipped off. L to R that's my brother Tom, Mom, me, and Dad. Mom would have been pregnant with Linda. I think that's our house since Dad is dressed so casually. And I think that's my Grandma Cairns's handwriting on the back.

Christmas 1965 (Tom, Mom, Chuck, Dad) FrontChristmas 1965 (Tom, Mom, Chuck, Dad) Back

2012

These pictures are from yesterday, we just finished decorating our tree on our 3-season porch. Jing was baking cookies while Dee Dee and I listened to Comcast 433 Christmas music and did the trimming. This is the first year she can fully understand the stories behind the ornaments. The porch is cool but insulated well, so if we keep the slider open it warms with the rest of the house. Looks very pretty from outside as it's all windows.

 

c0

Started: 2012-11-29

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of our family. Judging by how little Tom looks I am thinking it may be Christmas 1964. He would have been nine months old and you were just a bit past two. Of course, I have been known to be wrong. LOL I am guessing by the tree and the background colors that it is Grandma and Grandpa Cairns home. We had many wonderful holidays with them.

    ReplyDelete